Miss America Contestants

Life After the 2010 Miss Arkansas Pageant

6:34 AM MissGrandSlam.Com 0 Comments

The Top Five at Miss Arkansas 2010

What an experience Miss Arkansas was this year! I had tremendous success at the state pageant and am so grateful for everyone's support leading up to the pageant. I met some of the most amazing young women and was so blessed to have made the friends that I did. This year I walked away with $12,216 in scholarship money and will officially be debt free going into my graduate program at the University of Arkansas this fall!!

Here is a list of the awards I received at Miss Arkansas 2010:
  • Preliminary Evening Gown
  • Preliminary Swimsuit
  • Preliminary Talent
  • Overall Interview
  • Overall Swimsuit
  • Overall Vocalist Talent
  • 1st Runner Up
I set new records for the Miss Lakes of the Northwest local title and also for any other contestant at the state level, overall I was happy with the results of the pageant :)

With my wonderful roommate, Valerie

Hanging out with Naomi before our day at the Hot Springs Mall

Alex, Somer, and I at the Austin Hotel

Clowning around with my princess, Lacey, before our autograph signing

So now, post-pageant, I think I have made my way through 2 pints of ice cream and a carrot cake...it is turning out to be a great summer indeed. haha! I also got a new puppy who has been keeping me very busy, he is a Coton de Tulear and I named him "London." He is pretty precious.

London

Well, I hope that everyone is enjoying their last days of summer and has been staying cool. I am in the process of preparing my syllabus for my students in the fall and finishing up my thank you notes from Miss Arkansas - there a lot of people to thank for making Miss Arkansas such a successful program!

Quote for the day:
“It’s not enough to have a dream unless I’m willing to pursue it. It’s not enough to know what’s right unless I’m strong enough to do it. It’s not enough to join the crowd, to be acknowledged and accepted. I must be true to my ideals, even if I’m excluded and rejected. It’s not enough to learn the truth unless I also learn to live it. It’s not enough to reach for love unless I care enough to give it.”

Post by: 2010 Miss Arkansas


You Might Also Like

0 comments: